Personal Experience & Biography
Angel Luo’s practice focuses on intellectual property. She assists multinational companies to protect their intellectual property rights — trade marks, copyrights, and patents — through both preventive measures and, when necessary, litigation.
Angel is experienced in all aspects of trade marks including brand-protection strategies, trade mark portfolio management, trade mark opposition, revocation and invalidation, rights enforcement, negotiating settlements between pirates/infringers and rights owners, coordinating trade investigation, requesting administrative actions, civil litigation, criminal sanctions, and customs seizure.
Her specialty also includes advising on franchises archival filing, trade secret transaction and protection, copyright infringement and litigation, and dealing with China Customs and anti-counterfeiting enforcement matters involving IP rights and anti-unfair competition in China.
Angel is qualified by the China Ministry of Justice and is a registered foreign lawyer with the Law Society of Hong Kong. Angel was admitted as an attorney-at-law to the Beijing Municipal Bureau of Justice in 2008. Prior to joining OLN, Angel worked at several prominent law firms, in Beijing and Hong Kong, and has been involved in both the contentious and non-contentious aspects of intellectual property as well as civil and business law.
Angel graduated with a Bachelor of Laws degree from the China University of Political Science and Law and undertook her postgraduate studies at the Open University of Hong Kong, where she was awarded a Master of Laws degree in Chinese Business Law. She is fluent in English, Putonghua, and Cantonese.
- Member of Trademark Office Practices Committee – International Trademark Association (INTA) (2020 ~ 2021)
- Member of Law Society of Hong Kong (2019 ~ present)
- Member of Beijing Lawyers Association (2008 ~ 2019)
- Member of All-China Lawyers Association (2008 ~ 2019)
- Effects on the use of a Trademark as Oem in China, by Evelyne Yeung (Senior Associate) & Angel Luo (Registered Foreign Lawyer), OLN Law – Hong Kong – theJanuary 2020 Edition of Legal Era Magazine
- How will the new measure help integrate the legal services markets of the main land and Hong Kong?, by Vera Sung (Partner) & Angel Luo (Registered Foreign Lawyer), published on ALB September 2020 Asia Edition Magazine